Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,753   Online: 801

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by revdocjim View Post
    While this is the "darkroom" area, I don't have one... but I develop lots of 120 film with daylight tanks and a changing bag, and I would like to try the same with 4x5 film. I've hunted around a bit on the internet, read reviews and looked in local stores. Here in Tokyo at Yodobashi (our version of B&H) the only thing they carry is a Jobo tank. The tank and reel combined will cost about $170. I know the Yankee option at B&H is a lot cheaper but the reviews are scary too. The Patterson option with the mod54 insert looks good. The problem is shipping to Japan will cost another $40 or more. Amazon Japan doesn't have much... and the Yankee tank they do have is priced over $200!

So anyway, what are your suggestions or recommendations? I will only be doing B&W film for the time being.
    This what I use and how I use it...

http://freepdfhosting.com/f640343f29.pdf

RR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jobo.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Nikor will hold more film (12 sheets) than the liter of developer is rated for. Every other slot is a good match for chemistry volume to emulsion area.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    genital rocking back and forth first 60 seconds
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gleaf View Post
    The Nikor will hold more film (12 sheets) than the liter of developer is rated for. Every other slot is a good match for chemistry volume to emulsion area.
    Depends on the developer and the concentration. The Nikor tank uses 1200ml for 4x5". I don't have any trouble with Acufine (stock), ABC pyro (1+1+1+12 is what I usually use for 4x5"), and I think you would be fine with D-76 stock or 1+1 and maybe even 1+3. I'd be concerned, though, about Rodinal 1+100 or PMK 1+2+100.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you everyone for lots of great input. I will give it some more thought and probably have my wife bring something back in her suitcase in May.
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been using a Jobo 2000 series tank since 1976, these were pre-rotary and mine takes two reels each holding 6 sheets. You need 1 or 2 litres of solution depending on whether you use 1 or 2 reels.

For economy I used replenished Xtol, very quick and easy, or Rodinal, these days I only use Pyrocat HD. When I moved to Turkey I placed a wanted advert on this forum and bought a second tank to leave there.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since we're dealing with "what ifs" and the OP's in Japan, The Patterson & MOD54 may be less expensive to ship & it's considered a very good combination.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks John. B&H wants over $40 to ship to Japan for either the Yankee or Patterson & Mod54. I haven't seen the Jobo unit for sale online in the U.S. so I don't know how much cheaper it is there than here where the tank and reel come to $170.
    But like I said earlier, my wife is going to the U.S. in May as both of our sons are graduating (college and H.S.) so I'll probably make up my mind by then and have her bring something back for me.
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have been using a Yankee daylite sheet film developing tank for 30 years n love it!

I see B&H has it for $38.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin