Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,947   Online: 1018

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Excited!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Very Excited!

I want to thank everyone again for helping me with my last question on darkroom ventilation. If you may recall, I was having trouble coming up with a workable ventilation system for my temporary darkroom.

Alas, that is no longer an issue, as my husband and I bought a new house last week, and my hubby is having the contractor build me a darkroom! It will be located in the basement (finished). It'll be ready in April - I can hardly wait!
    Macy
    Just trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations! I have a friend who's a contractor, and he helped me build mine in the basement. It was handy for the wring and plumbing! You'll have to show us a photo in the darkroom portraits when it's done. Something I still need to do! all the best!
    Cheers,
    Suzanne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great stuff!! Its the only way to go if you can do it. All need now is a nice large finishing area to go with your darkroom. After all, you need to display all the great prints from the darkroom properly

Images
    Score!!! Now where can i find a husband that will do that for me?....My wife might get a bit mad though.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm just about to head down the path of building a darkroom myself. Not looking forward to it I must admit. Lucky you!!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's sooo cool! All my darkrooms, were always "DRY". I had to go somewhere else to rinse. I wish, someday, I can have a wet darkroom. So I don't have to carry my 11x14 print washer up and down the stairs

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks guys, I must say I'm quite looking forward to it! It's nothing huge, but I think it'll be sufficient. It will measure 7ft by 12ft. The reason I was able to have a water source is that when the builder built the house, he had piping in the basement for a wet bar. My husband was kind enough to give up a wet bar for my darkroom. Friends of mine, however, think I'm nuts to be building a darkroom in this "digital era." Whatever!
    Macy
    Just trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogs
    My husband was kind enough to give up a wet bar for my darkroom. Friends of mine, however, think I'm nuts to be building a darkroom in this "digital era." Whatever!
    "Honey, remember that wet bar in the basement that I wanted, well, now that you took over it with that old, ancient technology called a "dark room"...I would like my wet bar in the living room. You don't mind do you honey? "

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Now you're just rubbing it in. <g> Congratulations.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Congratulations Macy,

Enjoy the planning as much as the use after it is built.
    We as a group will enjoy hearing your plans and progress.

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin