Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,305   Online: 934

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Way to much. If your in a populated area, you should be able to get a better enlarger for less. If you in a hurry, you will always pay more. JMHO
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Go there with $30 if its complete. What he wants and what you will give him are 2 different numbers. I had a hard time giving away my B66 it was a decent enlarger but not worth $75.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had two inexpensive enlargers that I picked up, a Omega C-67 Enlarger which I got for free, and a Minolta Color Enlarger Mod-III that came with some other items for a total of $10. I ended up parting them out since could not find anyone who wanted them. Look for a deal, you will find one.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Mkay, sounds like the consensus is that it's too much. I emailed him and he replied saying that he doesn't want to budge too much on price. I think I'll pass on this one. Momus has offered an enlarger in good condition, and I also managed to find someone selling an entire darkroom setup with an Omega DII for 150, so if that's at all decent, I might have another great option.

Thanks everyone!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Probably just as well. A free one will probably pop up in 2 days. Seems like it always works that way.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Before you leap for cheap, consider buying an enlarger that has the biggest neg format you ever expect to want. It should be the last enlarger you need for life, if you buy Beseler, Omega, Durst. Those brands also have tons of used carriers, lens boards, upgrades and spare parts available for them on Ebay and here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kreeger View Post
    Before you leap for cheap, consider buying an enlarger that has the biggest neg format you ever expect to want. It should be the last enlarger you need for life, if you buy Beseler, Omega, Durst. Those brands also have tons of used carriers, lens boards, upgrades and spare parts available for them on Ebay and here.
    In the US Beseler and Omega, but NOT Durst.

Spare parts for Durst in the US is difficult to find and when you do they tend to be EXPENSIVE.
    IF you get a Durst, you want it as complete as possible, because the missing parts will be hard to find and expensive.

I got a Durst L1000 for $50...such a deal...
    ...NOT....By the time I finished getting most of the missing parts it was NOT a good deal.
    And I still have not found all the parts I need, and may have to have some of the negative masks fabricated for me.

Even with Beseler and Omega, you want the enlarger as complete as possible, or you will be spending time and $ looking for the missing parts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin