Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,695   Online: 1165

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fujimoto G70 Dichro enlarger

Hi
    Im looking to get my first enlarger.

I can buy a [FONT=verdana][COLOR=#000000]Fujimoto G70 Dichro enlarger with a 50mm and some additionals for about 120 usd.
    I shoot 6x6 and an xpan which is about 24*65mm. I have a couple of questions:

1) Is this a good enlarger in general?

2) How can I figure out what enlarging lens that will fit? I guess I should look for a 80 mm to do MF. But are there different standards etc, or can you attach just about any lens?

3) I'm interested in making some really large prints. Does it matter what lens I use? In som tables it says that this or that lens is good up to 10x enlargement etc. What if I want to go larger than that?

Alternatively, I could get a durst 805 with a 80mm for about 500 usd. What do you think about that?
    Best
    //
    Carlstrom[/COLOR][/FONT]

Shooter
    Medium Format

G70, Great enlarger!

Any standard enlarger lens will fit. The lens mount is removeable which makes lens swapping quick. One of my G70 has the integrated color analyzer and timer built into the base which works great and is easy to setup and use, the other G70 without the analizer. The head is removeable and flips for condenser or diffusion. I use condenser for all my printing color and B&W. Neg carriers are easy to make if you need special size. I have Minox to 120 square sizes. Uses an external small 12 volt power supply and a CHEEP 50 watt reflector halogen lamp.
    Gun Control is like: Reducing drunk driving by making it harder for SOBER people to buy cars.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin