Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,233   Online: 1108

Freight U.S. to Australia

Hi to all.
    O.K. the prices of colour paper in the U.S are about 1/3 of what I can buy the same things locally, but the cost of getting it here!...........
    I have been given estimates to send a box of 16x20 paper ( cost, U.S $62 ) to Australia somewhere around U.S $108, so a total of U.S $170, which puts things in perspective.
    Any thoughts on a more economical but still reliable way to go?
    Mike
    If you live forever, you'll learn everything. Living forever is the problem...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, best guess is to find someone "local" who can share shipping expenses and an order with you. If two or three can get together to place the order, it becomes more affordable. There may be an apugger out there who needs to order. Good luck. tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Paper is heavy. Worse 16x20 is big. How about seeing if you can find something like 16" rolls locally? Either that or find some place closer then the US. Japan?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak's website shows a 20" wide roll. It's only 50 feet long so it's actually less paper then a 50 sheet box of 16x20. Wouldn't suprise me if it's cheaper. Roll paper being more of a commerical product.

Thanks for the advice. Locally, no-one has the rolls. My nearest supplier classifies rolls as "special import" ( i.e. not even in the State, therefore not in the Country ) and so I would have to wait several millenia to get them sent from the U.S. at exorbitant expence.
    Anyone know of websites I could check for online purchases in Japan?
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, is this any help? You'd have to cut it but a guillotine makes that quite easy

http://www.vanbar.com.au/catalogue/i...em3=COLOR-ROLL

Kodak Supra 50.8x15.0m F ( min 2) (Ref No: k2199-15)
    AUD Inc. Tax: $92.23 AUD Ex. Tax: $83.85 Export: USD 62.89

Yep, could help. I didn't think Vanbar carried paper. I could have been mistaking that for film. I'll check their site.
    Thanks- Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin