Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,531   Online: 1169

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ilford Cap 40 regearing

Hi, friends: Recently I got a CAP 40 for free. I'm wondering if anyone has the detail spec to regear it to b/w paper processor?

I was thinking by switching its own big gear with small gear. I know it will accelerate it much more (3x faster?), but still not fast enough for b/w paper.

Also, is it possible to make it adjustable by switch so I can have different speed for different purposes (RC / FB, or RA)?

Thank you very much for your time and help.
    Sincerely Dysan Tsai
    Last edited by gelatine; 03-01-2014 at 08:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the Cap-40 is geared for RA4 it should work for RC B&W. Have you tried using it for B&W ? I would not use this for FB paper. Can you adjust the temperature of the baths? I suspect that the Cap-40 is a one trick pony, but I could be wrong as I never used one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm
    Definitely do not waste your time trying FB paper. It gets jammed in the rollers.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I use a standard Cap 40 for routine output B&W. You can set the temp to low (near off) or fiddle to reach 20°C. Then 2 min per bath is adequate provided you don't use ultrafast chemistry. BTW, medium weight FB paper (old Tetenal and Ilford) worked ok, too (for some 100 greeting cards).
    Jamming, well - happens from time to time. Not often, fortunately.
    Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi, Folks: Thank you all for the replies. I have tried both RC and FB. YES, it will jamed FB quite often, but RC is ok. I haven't done anythig with temp setup, but I think I can re-connect it or just disable the function by un-plug heater. Sincerely Tsai, Ching-Yu

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin