Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,482   Posts: 1,571,163   Online: 1249

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    If I could have the Patterson bottom fill tube and quick dump action and the SS strength and metal reels I would be in heaven. I do not like those patterson reels, even if they are adjustable. At times my right hand does not work right and I drop things. The patterson's don't survive well.
    Metal reels, especially with the fine wire used in 35 mm and 220 types, also don't survive well if dropped. Just something to consider, though working in a changing bag leaves little room for anything to drop far...

However, Jobo makes a stainless reel that fits over the core in their plastic tank; I wonder if it would also fit a Paterson System 4?
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jobo's metal reels are custom Hewes reels designed to fit the 1500 tanks. Even with them being custom I think they need different cores over the normal 1500. The 1500 tank is smaller then the Paterson tank.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    Jobo's metal reels are custom Hewes reels designed to fit the 1500 tanks. Even with them being custom I think they need different cores over the normal 1500. The 1500 tank is smaller then the Paterson tank.
    I think they use the normal plastic cores ... at least, there are no others listed by JOBO as accessories.

One thing about plastic ... If you drop it and it doesn't break, it will be OK. Stainless is nice, but really miserable to straighten and keep straight after being bent.

I've used both, and I'm using plastic now. As always, IMO, IMHO, your mileage my vary ... take everything with a grain of salt ( or silver) ... etc.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For what it's worth, I prefer stainless steel, have had absolutely no problems with any brand. Most of my tanks are very old nikors, and have served me well! clean up very quickly and are ready for the next use very quickly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin