Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,234   Online: 733

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beseler 26C ?

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

Beseler 26C ?

Has anyone ever heard of a 26C-II Beseler enlarger? There's a guy selling an enlarger here and that's what he's calling it. I have scoured the web with no results to my searches. I have had lots of results on a 23C-II, but no 26C-II.
    cheers and thanks

John B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As far as I know, there is no 26-C only the 23c.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seller doesn't know what he is selling, probably not his. Good medium format enlarger, very rugged, good luck.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Omega B-8 I bought several years ago was listed as a "Beseler B-8" on Craig's list. Sellers often make mistakes.

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thank you for the replies. I'm pretty sure it's a 23C, so I'll be passing on it as I need at least 4x5 or better yet 8x10. And yes, he has no idea what he is selling. He was asking $250, and he instantly dropped the price to $135 when I questioned the model number.

cheers

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a hard time giving away a Beseler 23 C so they are going at what the buyer wants to pay. What you need is a Beseler 45. Extra letters after the 45 just states what options are on a particular model.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dances_w_clouds View Post
    I had a hard time giving away a Beseler 23 C so they are going at what the buyer wants to pay. What you need is a Beseler 45. Extra letters after the 45 just states what options are on a particular model.
    Options? Don't think so. Its the model code for when it was built. They are pretty much all the same, except for the first ones with the struts out front.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Options? Don't think so. Its the model code for when it was built. They are pretty much all the same, except for the first ones with the struts out front.
    Oh, I think so

From the Beseler 45M brochure:

"Beseler Enlarger Model Code

45: accepts negatives up to 4" x 5" (from 8mm).
    M-Motor: automatic electric motor raises and lowers lamphouse.
    C-Colorhead: Bescolor Colorhead accepts color filter material between condensers.
    R-Resistrol: Resistrol Unit varies voltage entering enlarger lamp-up to maximum line voltage.
    X-Rear Support Truss: Extra reinforcement rear baseboard extension.
    AF-Automatic Focusing.
    B-Beslite: Lamphouse with cold cathode grid light source instead of condensers.
    AG-Beseler Agfa Colorhead."

Admittedly, these are a bit old, but I think the system still applies. I'm not sure what the "T" stands for o the newer MXT, but it must mean something.

Best,

Doremus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I knew there was a listing for the extras on the Beseler 45 but I did not have the list as I changed mine from a 45MX to a 45MXR. Thanks for the post with details.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 03-26-2014 at 12:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Doremus Scudder View Post
    Oh, I think so

From the Beseler 45M brochure:

"Beseler Enlarger Model Code

45: accepts negatives up to 4" x 5" (from 8mm).
    M-Motor: automatic electric motor raises and lowers lamphouse.
    C-Colorhead: Bescolor Colorhead accepts color filter material between condensers.
    R-Resistrol: Resistrol Unit varies voltage entering enlarger lamp-up to maximum line voltage.
    X-Rear Support Truss: Extra reinforcement rear baseboard extension.
    AF-Automatic Focusing.
    B-Beslite: Lamphouse with cold cathode grid light source instead of condensers.
    AG-Beseler Agfa Colorhead."

Admittedly, these are a bit old, but I think the system still applies. I'm not sure what the "T" stands for o the newer MXT, but it must mean something.

Best,

Doremus
    Is this list a official Beseler list? I have an original Beseler 45M with the X rear support truss, all original, so why is it not marked MX instead of M? Also have ones marked MXD, MXII, XD. Perhaps they started this after the first model? In any case, my favorite enlargers are the 45 series.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin