Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,857   Online: 967

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Leitz V35 Focomat light path off center?

I recently acquired a V35 Focomat and the rectangle of light on the baseboard seems to be off center, favoring the left. At 14x it is almost an inch closer to the edge of the baseboard than it is on the right side. Is this normal? Should the rectangle of light be perfectly centered on the baseboard? Autofocus and everything else seems to be working fine. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you checked the positioning of the bulb in the lamphouse? It could be out of place...maybe? My V35 was dead-center after I got it from its original owner but perhaps I was simply lucky...
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have checked the lamp and it appears to be positioned correctly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    is the left edge of the light parallel to the baseboard or is it angled ? if angled, you need to swivel the column whichever direction will make the lines parallel. hope this makes sense.
    Last edited by canuhead; 04-01-2014 at 10:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah I misunderstood the issue, I was under the impression the light was falling off, not simply off axis.

You can certainly swivel the lamp-head about the axis of the column, to make it square with the baseboard.

--

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys. When I have the left edge, right edge, and bottom edge parallel to the edges of the baseboard, the illuminated field is favoring the left side rather than being totally centered. So basically, if I bring the head up to where the left edge of light rest at the left edge of the baseboard, I have about a 1/2" of unilluminated space on the right side of the baseboard. I'm just wondering if this is by design, or if there's something wrong with my sample.
    Last edited by slothroprock; 04-01-2014 at 10:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check the masking knobs at the negative stage to make sure they aren't cutting off any of your light. There are 4 small knobs that you can twist, fiddle with them until there are no obstructions in the lightpath

--

Shooter
    35mm
    I've checked the masking nobs. I've also removed the light mixing box and replaced it. Still, no luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can check mine tomorrow morning and let you know what the balance of space is as far as the light output goes...I think it should be equal though...

--

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Chris, much appreciated.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin