Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,029   Online: 735

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been using plastic pitchers with lids and plastic beverage storage bottles with lids purchased from a dollar store of which there seem to be a growing number. They work extremely well even for long term (a week or two) storage and they also have spouts for pouring. As mentioned above, they do not have reliable measurement markings so make your own with a Sharpie by pouring in reliably measured quantities of water. As the stock in dollar stores seems to change often, if you see ones you like, don't hesitate to buy them as they may not be there again next week.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    David,

I bought six 2 ltr beakers as a set, cheaply, on eBay. They had been used just for this purpose. The dishwasher got rid of the smell. I use them for less smelly B&W. I can't see a brand on them, but they are quite heavy duty, show metric and oz. They look just like the 64 oz Patterson at B&H. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...u=40056&is=REG

Another source: We have well water here so I use distilled water for the final rinse. Those one gallon plastic bottles add up over time. Since I use the water in the process the bottles must be free. How do you like that math?

John Powers

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can get 1 liter plastic measuring "cups" at the grocery store for about $3 each, though getting 20 of them at once could be interesting. Those will hold enough liquid for 4 rolls of 35 mm, or two of 120, in a stainless or plastic tank.

Why do you need 20?? Are you teaching a class, or just like to have one for each chemical, and experiment a lot?
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a thought. If you *DO* buy the cheapo ones from Target or Wallmart or something from the kitchen department, why not take your "accurate" beaker, measure out 50ml or 100ml and then pour it into the cheapo ones and "mark" it with a line.

Images
    Good Morning, David,

For casual, temporary use, you can't get much cheaper than to save the fast-food type coffee cups, at least for relatively small quantities!

Konical

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've ordered via www.sciplus.com before, they are great. They have excellent deals on plastic beakers, lab quality ones at that.

Otherwise I just use disposable plastic drinking cups (no children in the house)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fisher Scientific has polypropylene beakers for $125 for 24 (1 liter) - that's about $5 each.

https://www1.fishersci.com/Coupon?cid=1328&gid=34074

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    I am looking for 1200ml or 1500ml plastic containers.
    Pare that to 1000ml, 1 liter, and you'll have a field day. Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin