Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,776   Online: 739

Shooter
    35mm

Unusual emulsion colour for ID'ing film?

Hello everyone, I have had a bit of a successful haul that included a pair of bulk loaders, both full of film.

The problem is I have no idea what type of film it could be. Perhaps unwisely I spooled some off one of them, shot it at ISO 50 and developed it C-41, turns out it's some Vericolor Slide duplication film, very nice.

The other film looks a lot older, possibly from the 60s, given the loader is an old phenolic Watson 66. The film in it has standard kodak perforations and the emulsion is a pale violet colour. the back of the film is the usual brown/orangeish so could be colour, maybe C-22 or Agfacolor since its quite a light brown.

I'll probably run off a 12 exposure roll and develop in Rodinal to see if theres any edge code (not holding my breath), but was wondering if there was ever a film that anyone on here can remember with a pale violet emulsion.

Any pointers would be helpful, sorry if this is in the wrong section. Thanks - Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    A bit more information I have a roll in my camera as we speak and I've been soaking a leftover from cutting a leader in some 60 degree C water to see if the emulsion will melt.

The emulsion doesn't melt so I can say it's probably a modern emulsion, has no rem-jet backing, so it's not Kodachrome or cine film.

I don't know wether to develop this in rodinal or to gamble some and send it away for C-41. Any tips?

1960 color neg was process C22. Not compatible with C41. It was a nice simple process at lower temp and longer times and was easily controlled.

Just bin the film as even if you figure it out, more can not be purchased.

Shooter
    35mm
    I spooled off what was left in the loader into cassettes, and inside there was a note saying Ektachrome 70. It's probably E-2 or E3 process Ektachrome then, I'll keep the film as a curiosity in my box of low grade expired film, more to play around with than anything else.

Thanks for the heads up on C22, i'll keep that in mind if I come across any.

Mike

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Moravec View Post
    1960 color neg was process C22.
    There had been a lot of processes back then.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin