Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,497   Online: 1080

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Jobo: How Often Do You Dump the Bath Water?

For the small CPE2 and the large CPA/CPP, how often do you dump the bath water? A week?

The water could have some spilled chemicals and may start to smell bad....
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I dump after each use.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
    For the small CPE2 and the large CPA/CPP, how often do you dump the bath water? A week?

The water could have some spilled chemicals and may start to smell bad....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I dump when I know I'm not going to be using it for more than about two days - though this often works out to after each time I use it. I usually have batches of sheet film to process at a time so I fill my CPA2 a few hours ahead (or the previous evening), process my film and empty the unit until the next time. Only occasionally does a processing "run" take me into a second day - usually laziness on my part or sudden external demands that take me out of the darkroom.

I don't want "things" growing in my Jobo, it's hard to clean into the nooks and crannies around the pump and heater.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have left water in mine for a couple days when I am using it steady but dump it when I know it won't be used the next day.

BTW, I found that when my tank starts leaking solution into the water it is time to change out the o-ring on the lid. CatLabs has them and they cost very little. You could probably even find them at your local hardware store.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got a bottle of bacteriostat for household room humidifiers that I periodically pour a capful into the bath water immediately prior to running a batch of film. That keeps the stink and the scum from forming in the water bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    I dump after each use.
    This. I use it every few months and do film for a couple of days in batches. I may leave it in overnight if I'm going to process film again the next day (very common) or if I'm too tired to fully clean up that night (fairly common) but I don't let it sit with water in it for more than overnight.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I empty it as soon as I am done processing for the day. I usually don't start the processor up until I have a lot of film do do. Most of the time the processor sits empty between runs.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Re-filling when temperated water is available from the tap also means saving the time for heating up the bath water.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I filled mine when I bought it about four months ago. Seems to be fine, I just top it off when I need to run some film which is every couple of weeks at most. My darkroom is a cool, dry environment and I have good tap water. So far nothing is growing in there, YMMV of course. A bit of dust on the top from sitting there, I keep meaning to make a lid out of plexiglass to keep the dust out and the water from evaporating.

Mine in the opposite corner of the room from the sink or I might be inclined to drain it once in a while.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    every time Iuse it.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin