Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,783   Online: 866

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

OMG _ I'm such a klutz!

I've just had a 'woopsie with a bulk film loader, and ruined about 20 ft of film.

I am in need of disaster stories to help me as I'm feeling down on myself at the moment.

Any stories out there to prove I'm not alone ...yes I know in the scheme of things worse things can happen in life but just at the moment I feel I've lost my mojo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shot an Australian Rules football match after an extremely looong week and really should have waited before processing.

Got to washing stage and all good except the phone rang and I had to go inside to take it. Didn't want the film to start drying, so I left it soaking in water for the duration of the call.

Well one thing led to another and I completely forgot about the film - woke the next morning to lovely clear acetate and some rather grey looking water. The emulsion had slid right off!!!!

Arghhhhh!!!!! Lesson learned - process the next day if you've been burning the candle at both ends, will save you a lot of grief. (Thankfully I still had 2 rolls, so not a total disaster, but I keep wondering to this day, what gems I might have washed away. . . . . . )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In a similar vein, I shot 3 rolls of Tri-X at the Ashes test last December.
    I didn't know that Xtol could go off completely and develop a film to completely clear, but now I do...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the stories...it helps

Shooter
    35mm
    keep em coming!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fixer works very poorly as a developer. DAMHIK

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My personal embarrassing moments are forgetting to pull the dark slide for a roll of 120 when using a Crown Graphic and leaving the lens cap on (once!) with an old Minolta Hi-Matic G (guess and shoot). My favorite story though is the fellow who wrote about how pleased he was at his new found prowess for loading sheet film in holders. Then he realized is was easy because he didn't turn out the lights.<g>

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have another, I had this sheet film box knocking around my darkroom, and could tell it had a few sheets of film in it, but didn't remember its history otherwise. So, one day, I needed some film to cut up to use in a new to me baby Speed Graphic, and decided that this box of old film would be good for a test. I cut down a few sheets, load them, shoot and process it.

I had a very odd result;
    No images of what I shot on the film, and the images go past the film edge. I had cut up some already processed negatives.

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    In a similar vein, I shot 3 rolls of Tri-X at the Ashes test last December.
    I didn't know that Xtol could go off completely and develop a film to completely clear, but now I do...
    That entire Test series is best left in the past, unrecorded for posterity.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    MY bulk feeder diaster story is that I bought a bulk feeder at a charity sale for £1, got it home and opened it to find it was full. Obvious I opened it in daylight.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin