Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,386   Online: 1095

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats not really a bad deal considering you already had most of the componets to get it up and running. I purchased a D-II two weeks ago for $120 and it came with 35,6x6,645,6x9,4x5,extra4x5 Negative carriers, one 135mm lens cone with blank disc, one
    flat lens board with blank disc, 35mm-6x6 condenser, 4x5 condenser with condenser head and working bulb. It was dusty baseboard was a little shoddy focus rails needed a little lubrication, whole thing needed a good wipe down. Works great, now I am waiting for some custom drilled,and tapped lens discs for my 135, and 80. Already had a B-22 that I got earlier this year with a full set of condensers negative carriers and a 50 MM componon for $85 shipped. Enlargers are going CHEAP!!! At least old Omegas.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Well if it is any gauge, I just purchased a Besler 45MCRX enlarger, 4 lenses 7 neg holders and a Zone VI cold light head as well as the standard Condenser head for $200.00, the Zone VI has never been mounted and the enlarger is in brand new condition, I also have the opportunity to pick up the factory 8 x 10 converstion for it for $300.00.

I think $500.00 in this day and age is a bit high for this particular set up.

Dave

Dave,

With all due respect, you suck!

About six months or so ago, I got my 45MCRX/condenser head/2 lenses/2 carriers for about 360-some dollars, and I drove from Denton (North Texas) to just past Waco (Centralish) -- around 125 miles, to get it.

I eventually got myself a (Nikkor? it's packed) 75mm for 6x6 negs, but I'm still using lab 6x6 cards (as in carboard cards) hinged together with masking tape as an insert in my 4x5 carrier for 6x6 negs. I did manage to find a nice 35mm negatrans that I use for most of my 35mm stuff, though.

That's a fantastic price on the 8x10 conversion kit. Not that I'd ever use it for 8x10 negs, but I've found it next to impossible to find someone in the area who makes enlarged analog contact sheets, and I'd sure love to do it myself. The local labs seem to think a photoshop-generated (or, I guess, miniprinter-generated) digital index prints amount to the same thing. Heathens.

Is that $300 price a one-fer or have you found a super-duper vendor who can sell more than one at that price? Also, for my own future curiosity, are those kits strictly 8x10 or something between 8x10 and 10x10?

-KwM-

Shooter
    Large Format
    Is the lens a Fujinon EX 135mm? If so, that lens is worth about $100 to me, atleast.
    Sharp as all get out and go. I use it for 6x7 and 4x5 enlargements on an Omega D2 as well as a barrel lens on my 4x5 Speed Graphic. Very nice glass.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, it is the EX version. It is in excellent shape.

-chuck

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'd have to say that you got a fair deal...the 135mm Fuji is a good lens. If you like cold lights, get an Aristo or a Zone VI. I used that combination for years and it was the most realiable workhorse enlarger I've owned. Not the most high-tech but still a joy. Good luck

stink

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet

... Also, for my own future curiosity, are those kits strictly 8x10 or something between 8x10 and 10x10?

-KwM-
    810 conversions are a 12x12 light source in a 12x12 box with a 12x12 glass carrier. It will do 810 negs or 9x9 or I suppose 10x10. Much bigger and you will have edge problems. I use mine for 5x7.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel
    810 conversions are a 12x12 light source in a 12x12 box with a 12x12 glass carrier. It will do 810 negs or 9x9 or I suppose 10x10. Much bigger and you will have edge problems. I use mine for 5x7.
    Thanks for the info, LG. That sounds quite promising WRT using it for enlarged contact sheets.

I guess my poor attempt at humor was a bit too course and offended Dave. Sorry, Dave. You can take the squid out of the Navy, but you can't take the Navy out of the squid.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi KW,

No offence taken at all, I did not have the answer right at hand when you asked the question and with as fast as things get buried around here, in all honesty, I forgot you had asked the question.

Sorry, it takes alot to offend me most of the time. so none taken.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    (:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin