Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,259   Online: 803

Shooter
    35mm

Fujimoto G70 questions

Hi, got delivery of this yesterday but alas the bulb didn't survive the journey. No worries, ordered a couple of bulbs with a batch of film and paper, will be here soon. Only came with a 35mm neg carrier but I managed to locate a supply of new (and better built) carriers in Japan. Quite the price but I'll treat myself if ever I get a good MF camera.

I can't find any means of adjusting the alignment. If I've missed something please let me know.

It will be living in a walk in cupboard (closet) in the hall that measures 30 inches square. Just enough room, cool. (Wet processing will be done in the kitchen, single man/single tray method lol). I've yet to get a shelf built to hold it. 2 of the 3 walls are load bearing but the floor in my place can't be trusted wrt vibration. I'm thinking of fixing a jig to the wall to touch the top of the column so as to provide micro adjustments left/right and forward/backward. Would this be worth doing or pointless?

The halogen bulb has a reflector. Is it ok to touch the outside edge of the reflector while fitting or is it gloves only?

Any thoughts or advice welcome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd need to see some photos of the lens-stage to see if there is any adjustment. How far off it is? Frequently the dichroic coating is on the inside of the reflector, but this might not not always the case.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've no idea as to how far it out as I haven't had a light shining through it yet.

Will get pics up asap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tell me more about you japanese source for neg carriers please!
    I've got an 35mm as well as an 6x7 but wouldn't mind options!

Shooter
    35mm
    Just over £80 a pop, anti newton glass neg holders about 50% more.

Here's a review of them:

http://www.xpan.se/DailyPhotoDiary/2...ustom/040.html

The link in the above site doesn't work properly, here they are:

http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/f...e-carrier.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks John!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin