Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,906   Online: 939

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Classic enlargers?

Hello Folks, I'm trying to get to Harry Taylor's "Classic Enlargers" page, but I keep getting 404s. I was able to get there a week or so ago, but not now?

Anything up?

Tnx,

-- Mark
    It takes a big dog to weigh a ton.

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a google and presume you mean www.classic-enlargers.com ... if so, it appears to either have been hijacked or there's a DNS problem or maybe the domain registration ran out and it's been bought by someone else, as the site is just a typical placeholder full of garbage

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm not getting there either. It seems the url takes me to someone else's non-photographic stuff, not his.
    http://www.classic-enlargers.com/

This link that I had bookmarked shows 404:
    http://www.classic-enlargers.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

Perhaps he's no longer among us and his site has been swiped by someone else?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That site has been archived to 2nd level, if that may help to same extend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Harry seemed to have stopped answering posts on his help forum about 6 months ago then cam back for a couple of posts a few months back and nothing after that.
    I think his son used to help him manage the web site.
    I think his site was a good resource so I hope it stays available.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What does "archived to 2nd level" mean? Are past responses available somewhere and, if so, where? Harry's site has been a valuable resource for Omega enlarger owners and it would be wonderful if it's still available, even if no further questions are posted or answered.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry, but I do not know the right technical term. Maybe mine is appropriate anyway. I mean that in the archived versions as far as I tried one can follow one link further into that website successfully, but links at that new level are inoperative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    you can view the archived-footage through the way back machine ( mr peabody and sherman area not needed for this operation )
    (archive.org) just type in the web address ( http://www.classic-enlargers.com ) and you can see what has been "snapshotted" ...

happy waybacking

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Unfortunately it doesn't work for me; all I can see isn chart showing when things were archiuved, but I can't get to the actual archives :-(

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Marvin View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't work for me; all I can see isn chart showing when things were archiuved, but I can't get to the actual archives :-(
    You should see a calendar for 2014, you can change the year from the chart above the calendar.
    On the calendar there are dates in a blue circle that indicate which days the site was archived on; there is only one date in 2014 and 2 in 2013 though.
    Click a date with a blue circle on it and it should take you to the archive for that date.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin