Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,668   Online: 944

ala

Shooter
    35mm

Jobo ATL 1000 film processor C-41 problem

Hi to everyone!

Today, first time i tried to use my Jobo ATL 1000.

I used the cleaning program before to check the if the machine fills in the bath and if the water is sucked out of the chemical bottles. Everything seemed perfect.

Today, i loaded the 2520 tank with 1 reel with 120 film and prepared minimum solution of 170 ml (i used Digibase c-41 kit). I attach the results that i got (120 film pictures). As you see, the film is dark and has these weird stripes left by some liquid.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.PNG 
Views:	34 
Size:	233.9 KB 
ID:	89258

After that i reread the tank manual and saw, that even if 1 roll of 35mm needs 170 ml of chemicals, the tank must be loaded with at least 270 ml. So i repeated the C-41 process with 270 ml of chemicals (270 ml for each bottle: development, bleaching, fixing). The result came out almost the same. The outside layer of the 35 mm film seems too bright(on the left on the picture) and blank and the layers which were deeper in the tank wave the same liquid stripes (on the right on the picture).

Name:	photo 2.PNG 
Views:	32 
Size:	252.3 KB 
ID:	89260

My machine is connected to the washing machine cold water supply.

If you have any ideas why i might experience this problem, i would be so grateful!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo 4.PNG  

Shooter
    35mm
    From the pictures it looks like the rolls have never touched developer and only been splashed with fixer. The 35mm roll is partly fixed but not developed (no edge markings). I would do a more careful check that the correct chemicals are pumped at the correct time in correct quantity to the correct location. Do a dummy development run with water in the bottles and measure how much go in and out, and that it actually gets into the tank.

Dyed water would make it easy to check for leaks, but that could leave a residue of dye in the machine, to stain future negatives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with the above comment. It looks like the developer isn't being pumped. In addition to doing a dummy run on the actual C-41 program, carefully check the seals on the bottles to be sure they aren't degraded.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use Jobo 2500 tanks with a manual roller base. Jobo requires a pre wash of 5 minutes for B&W to ensure even wetting.
    Although the label on the tank says 270ml of solution is needed I found I had problems so I increase the volume to 300ml which solved the problem.
    If you loaded the 35mm or 120 film to the center of the 2502 reel and used 170ml of solution then only the outer third of the reel was in the solution at most.

Name:	p6.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	138.4 KB 
ID:	89393Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p7.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	89394Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p8.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	89395Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p9.jpg 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	89396Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p10.jpg 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	89398

ala

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you all so much for your answers!

it happened that my machine was broker and the chemicals barely went to the tank. Chemical's piper were not connected to the tank properly, so there was a massive leak.

I had to fix a few details and now it works well.

Thanks again!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin