Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,805   Online: 830

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Any Experience with Ilford 500 VC Head?

I am looking at an 8x10 enlarger that has an Ilford 500 head on it. I am wondering if anyone can give me any input as far as how they like it. How well it works. Eveness. Pros/Cons etc.

-Ken

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmeyersphoto
    I am looking at an 8x10 enlarger that has an Ilford 500 head on it.
    I have a 4x5 with the 500H head on it. Are you looking for info on an 8x10 version of this head? I only ask because I didn't think they made one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ken,

A fellow in NY with whom I've done business has three Ilford Multigrade-fitted 8x10 enlargers. I could try to contact him for you. Unless, of course, he's the guy you're already talking to.

PM if you like.
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have been talking to a fellow in the UK. I have been looking at a few 8x10 enlarger options and I am looking at a Devere with the Ilford 500 head and I am looking at a Durst and I have several different light source options. I can use all the help I can get as far as contacts of people looking to sell as well as enlarger/lightsources that people are happy with.
    Thanks again,
    -Ken

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin