Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,528   Posts: 1,543,952   Online: 1084

Shooter
    Multi Format

How Many of you Use the Jobo 3062/3 Without Lift?

Since the Jobo 3062 and 3063 come with the cog lid, I assume Jobo considers it basic to use them with the lift. I just wonder how many folks install the magnet to use them without lift.

I'm not a big fan of the lift. The 3063 is the largest drum and it does put on some weight on the lift. So I just wonder if it put on so much stress on the lift.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have used a Jobo without a lift ever since I first got one back in1990. It is no great problem in fact I think it may be a bit quicker. All that is necessary is having a sink or basin to empty chemicals or rinse water close at hand. Yes I have a had a few failures, but non due to lack of a lift device.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the CPE2 more often than the CPA/CPP, and I prefer the magnet better than the lift. Mainly due to easy control and to some extend to the chemical re-use. To me, it is hard to re-use the chemicals when you run the chemicals through the lift.

Of course, you'll need enough clearance for the lift+3063, and the place to dump the chemicals....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
    The 3063 is the largest drum and it does put on some weight on the lift.
    Far less than the weight a 3004 or 3005 puts on the Lift, because the 3063 is just a hollow shell.

I use the Lift handle only to pull the drum off the motor coupler. Then I grab the cradle underneath the drum and use that to lift the drum the rest of the way for emptying. Yes, my hand gets wet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Far less than the weight a 3004 or 3005 puts on the Lift, because the 3063 is just a hollow shell.

I use the Lift handle only to pull the drum off the motor coupler. Then I grab the cradle underneath the drum and use that to lift the drum the rest of the way for emptying. Yes, my hand gets wet.
    Interesting. I'm always afraid of removing tank/drum off the lift because of the stress on the white lift clips.

Yes, 3063 is not that heavy, but just huge. A fully loaded 25xx film tank with several 2502 reels can weight a ton.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin