Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,679   Posts: 1,669,312   Online: 888

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaque View Post
    They should at least make those plastic bags sealed => fool-proof!
    Evolution => better fool.

Don't worry, you have plenty of years ahead of you to make all kinds of mistakes. The main thing is to learn from them, and also learn from the mistakes of others.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The packaging for things now days is becoming quit cheap. Remembering back when film came in those cool metal cans as a added protection. Those days are over.

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another person had the same problem recently and he only destroyed the first 5' or so. It is always wound so tight there is little damage. Might be difficult to remove the last few ft from the inside of the roll. The best is just remove 10' or so then test. Here is a photo of the outcome of the damaged roll as you can see very little was destroyed. The edges are toast but make sure you don't use the first 20' for anything important. After that you should be fine.
    .Attachment 91651

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Muir View Post
    I would be careful about handling Retro 80s. I have only bought it in 35mm cassettes before, and not bulk, but it seems to be prone to fogging. I now take the cassettes from their containers, and load/unload the camera in a changing bag. I don't know if others have had similar fogging issues with this film.
    Alex
    I've used the Retro 80s in my 2.25 pinhole and gotten nice results. In case you didn't know, this film is extended red sensitivity. It falls off sharply at 720nm though so it's fairly slow. Could be the fogging was IR related.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin