Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,941   Posts: 1,585,707   Online: 1067

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Darkroom Sinks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Darkroom Sinks

A question for Aussie Apuggers. Does anyone know where I can get a darkroom sink, either plastic or Stainless in Australia? I have googled them with no luck...anyone have a spare?
    Cheers,
    tony

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Tony,

Why not make your own? A couple of sheets of plywood, fiberglass cloth to re-enforce the seams, polyester boat resin and a drain and faucet and you can have one to your exact specs. Mine has been functioning for thirty-eight years. I just gave it a fresh coat of resin.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

http://www.sculptureandphotography.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    A question for Aussie Apuggers. Does anyone know where I can get a darkroom sink, either plastic or Stainless in Australia? I have googled them with no luck...anyone have a spare?
    Cheers,
    tony
    I can sell you a choice of two, because ,I have a 4 and an 6-foot Delta sink ,made of poly carbonate,looking like newand come with a sturdymetal standfor you to assemble.I don't know the cost of shipping;they are big but light.I can check with UPSand FEDEX on Monday.if interested send an email to rlambrec@ymail.I psrt with it for 50% of newcom
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got mine at a used restaurant supply house...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dasBlute View Post
    I got mine at a used restaurant supply house...
    What a great idea.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Ralph, thanks for that offer, but I would imagine that post to Australia would be horrendous! The used restaurant sink sounds promising, or I may go down the route of building my own. Trouble is that I'm out in the sticks, so things are hard to get. There were so many for sale a few years back, but the supply seems to have dried up.

Shooter
    35mm
    The most convenient way might indeed be to make your own, using boat-technology (for want of a better phrase) as described above in post #2. Boats keep water out, while you would want to keep it in, otherwise the principal is rather similar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hopefully there is a lumber company or a store that sells plywood, everything else, such as fiberglass cloth & epoxy can be purchase mail order. You can make a great sink. Good luck.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Tony

My sink was made by this company :-I got it after it had been removed from a closed school darkroom.

http://www.pmedarkrooms.com/

I think he can still supply them NEW

The other option is Vabar Imaging

http://www.vanbar.com.au/catalogue/i...ING&item3=SINK

The sink was the hardest darkroom item for me to find used and in good condition. It took a long time to find :- you just have to ask every one who might know.
    They some times also show up on "Gumtree" and Tafe Auctions. Find out which company re-fits schools and UNI labs in your area and ask them to let know
    If they are going to refit one (It may only cost a carton or two of Beer) or a some $$$

Johnkpap

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was going to do the boat-sink thing but decided that actually, one doesn't need a big sink at all. One needs a Jobo instead; it costs about as much as a sink and does so very much more. You just need a small laundry tub (set into your benchtop that holds up the Jobo) for it to discharge into.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin