Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,565   Online: 1240

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Buttons going bad on RH Designs Zonemaster II

Does anyone have any experience with intermittent buttons on the Zonemaster II? I have one button that clicks, but doesn't actually do anything unless you push on the upper right corner of the button. Obviously, the simplest solution would be to send it back to RH Designs for repair, but it's about 8 months past the warranty expiration and I want to make sure there is nothing I can do to repair it myself. I really don't want to send it back to the UK for repair and be without the meter for weeks if I can avoid it.

Membrane keyboards are common and there is some info about repairing them on the web, but I'd be interested in hearing of anyone has actually repaired the keypad on the Zonemaster II.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    RH Designs sold to another company. You can look them up on the internet. My experience with them is that they are good guys. If you explain the issue to them they may give you a break on the cost of repairs, even though your unit is out of warranty. If you try to fix it and mess it up, you are in for full price of repair. I suggest you e-mail them and ask them for their suggestions. Also, th fellow who owned RHD is a greta guy and a knowledgeable source. I am sure he would reply to your e-mail. (Internet search will yield his name/contact info)

Hope this held.
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    Large Format
    His name is Richard Ross. Email address is: richard@rhdesigns.co.uk

He responded to a question I had in April of this year. I believe all or most of the RH Designs equipment are his designs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the replies, guys.

I took it apart and it turns out the buttons consist of discrete switches rather than a membrane keypad. The button in question just had a cold solder joint. After resoldering, it works great. It's actually kind of nice to know I can replace the buttons myself if they ever go bad.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Krueger View Post
    Thanks for the replies, guys.

I took it apart and it turns out the buttons consist of discrete switches rather than a membrane keypad. The button in question just had a cold solder joint. After resoldering, it works great. It's actually kind of nice to know I can replace the buttons myself if they ever go bad.
    Good to know. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very good to know, thanks!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Absolutely . . . this is good to know! Thanks.
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Switches are available from RS (components) I can post the part number if you need. Easy to replace if you had to.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Switches are available from RS (components) I can post the part number if you need. Easy to replace if you had to.
    Part numbers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for this info!
    —Eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin