Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,387   Posts: 1,683,260   Online: 737

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Natron !
    May I suggest a book ? "The art of Black and white enlarging" by David Vestal.
    It is highly illustrated, written in plain English language, has a lot of very good ideas, is availlable second hand for a few bucks, and you will read it as you progress ! It goes from very basic contact printing for proof sheets to archival treatment of FB print, even dry mounting and mixing your own chemicals !
    If you like the Vestal at large page in "Photo Techniques" it's the way to go !
    Next, buy, for a more modern point of view, the Tim Rudman's "Photographer's master printing course" which is, i believe, still availlable new.
    Welcome to the Club !

Shooter
    35mm
    Well unfortunately, I won the Ebay auction for this during the middle of last week and I have been unable to contact the seller since then. She happily took my money via Paypal but cut all contact after that. Sadly for her, she's dealing with an experienced Ebay user and won't simply let this chunk of money go. Hopefully, I end up with the equipment but we'll have to see. I was able to get her phone number and will ring her up tonight to let her know this is unacceptable and childish behavior.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Being a relative beginner maybe I can offer a couple things I've found. First 8X10 RC Paper is the best for learning, If you want to print 5X4 or what ever its easy to cut down. Second I've recently bought a 6x6 camera(yachica mat 124ga) and I have only had a 50mm lens. I just bought a 75mm lens off ebb for $13.00. They are cheap and plentiful. Third get a Projection Print Scale, it makes judging exposures much easier, at least for me. Good luck and enjoy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin