Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,197   Online: 751

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Best Bulk Loader?

Just broke some innerds on my old Watson. It's about 35 years old, and I guess I'll have to replace it as I've got 3 or 4 bulk films in the freezer and have ordered one more.

I could replace it with another Watson, but I also see the Arista and a few others available. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quick, Watson, I need you. Or, why not go with what you are used to? Some of them have a high learning curve. If you had the plain old Watson I am thinking about (I have one) it is real easy to use if perhaps not as fancy as some.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, snapguy, you're probably right.

It's actually not terminal . . . it was just the lock lever so I can still use it. But I'll buy another one anyway - keep different films in the different loaders. I'm pretty sure I have one more somewhere but my basement is a disaster.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alden 74, it has nice thick plastic and a good heft to it. I use three of them. I've used a few other brands in the past, they are all pretty similar but I enjoy using the Alden most.

Shooter
    35mm
    I had a bakelite Alden way back when - I liked it, too . . . . They're all similar. But it's been so long ago that I don't remember the subtle differences. I do know the only ones I've had are the Watson and the Alden. I'm sure that Alden is around somewhere in my basement, but movies could be made there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have tried Watson, Alden, and Lloyd. I like Lloyd best, but there is a risk of scratching the film on the felt light trap if it is not kept clean. Sticky tape can be used to clean the light trap.

Second place is Alden.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll find my Alden one day - I know it's down there. A friend who no longer develops just gave me his mint Watson, so it looks like I'm all set to go now. Thanks for your replies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the Aldens also, have at least 4 or 5 of them. The bakelite versions are great, super hefty. ;-)

Shooter
    Large Format
    lloyd, had one fora longtime
    neverlet me down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been using The DAYLIGHT bulk film loader, now branded as LLOYD'S, for many years. I have 3 of them and have always been happy.

Len

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin