Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,570   Posts: 1,545,474   Online: 1188

Shooter
    Large Format

Swimming pool sodium thoisulfate

Sodium thoisulfate is available from swimming pool chemical dealers. While it isn't "photo grade," is is still usable as fixer or as pure hypo second fixer prior to toning?

What would happen if I used it? I need a lot, and was considering a 100 pound bag.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I buy mine from a pool chem dealer and it works great. The stuff I buy is in the "prismatic rice crystal" form.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I knew the owner of a pet shop a few years ago and thats what they use to eliminate the chlorine in the fish tanks. I used his in my second fix before toning with know problems

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Developing films in swimming pools - that's REAL large format!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Nargi
    I knew the owner of a pet shop a few years ago and thats what they use to eliminate the chlorine in the fish tanks. I used his in my second fix before toning with know problems
    You mean "with *no* known problems", right?
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by KenM
    You mean "with *no* known problems", right?
    The sodium thoisulfate was a lot less expensive and looked the same as what you would get from calumet so I tryed it,that was 10 years ago and the prints look as good as when they were printed. If there is a problem it has not shown up yet. Don't think it will.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin