Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,019   Online: 793

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    35ml would be a nice size to have. Great for pulling an ounce of FG-7.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The big ones are either in a vet-supply store or in a place for people with renal problems, they have to use those big suckers (up to 50ml)
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been using a 10 ml plastic pipette. It works great for small amounts of PMK A & B to make 300 ml working solution. This one is configured so you fill it with a bulb and release the liquid till it measures 0. It is full then. By removing your finger tip you release a small stream until the level reachs the desired amount, 3 or 6 up to 10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought one. Looks to be very useful. I'll give it a run this weekend.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L
    I found cheap syringes at my local Tractor Supply Company (TSC) in the animal care section. Sizes 3ml to 35ml. A couple of dollars for a 6 pack of the smaller sizes. They also have some needles if you have an old bottle of Rodinal or Neofin Blau, or need to reach further down into a bottle. Wish that would work with undiluted TEA stocks. Gluuuug.... Gluuuug....

Lee
    You just need a wider (larger gauge) needle.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    This only cost Two and a Half bucks and I have a local drug store but not a local veteranary supply house Unfortunately 10ml seems to be the only size.
    The local supermarket/drugstore stocks 5ml and 10ml. Plus they've got little droppers in 1ml size that's marked in 1/4 ml. The digital thermometers are good for checking the accuracy of the faster darkroom one.

Images
    Ask the pharmacist(sp) about the bigger syringes. They may ask you what you are using them for but I have not had a hard time getting the big ones after telling them what I want it for.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    You just need a wider (larger gauge) needle.
    That's the trick. TEA won't even think about starting up an 18 gauge needle, even heated a bit. The horse and cow needles at TSC (Tractor Supply Company) don't get over 16 guage. I'm looking around to see if there's a PSC nearby (Pachyderm Supply Company). Barring that, I was acquainted a few years back with someone who is now a vet for the large African animals at the Bronx Zoo. Maybe she can get me something.

Until then, I decant TEA stock solution into a film can to draw it up into the syringe, which is a little wasteful, as I can't get it all to flow back into the storage bottle. I'll try one of the baby syringe bottle stopper/adapters. I've used them before, just not with TEA.

Lee

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L
    Until then, I decant TEA stock solution into a film can to draw it up into the syringe, which is a little wasteful, as I can't get it all to flow back into the storage bottle. I'll try one of the baby syringe bottle stopper/adapters. I've used them before, just not with TEA.

Lee
    I don't understand. Why would you be able to draw TEA into a needleless syringe from a film can but not using the stopper system? It would seem to be a perfect solution to the wastefulness of putting it into to the can before drawing it.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    I don't understand. Why would you be able to draw TEA into a needleless syringe from a film can but not using the stopper system? It would seem to be a perfect solution to the wastefulness of putting it into to the can before drawing it.
    The storage bottle I use for TEA is too narrow for the syringe body to enter, so I have to decant to a film canister for a wider mouth. As I said, I haven't tried the baby syringe stopper on the TEA storage bottle yet. I plan to.

Lee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin