Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,068   Online: 745

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Cheap solution to DR problem

You people are probably way ahead of me but I picked up one of these in a local Eckerd Drug Store to replace the old hard to read 10ml oral syringe that I used to measure small quantities of Rodinal. This has the coolest lttle system for getting the solution from the bottle into the syringe. Too nice a little $2.50US darkroom problem solver not to share. I must find a 20ml and 30ml that will worrk with it.

Please excuse the flatbed scanner "photographs"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails threeup2.jpg  
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Images
    Got me two of them little puppies. One marked chemicals and stored properly and the other marked baby and kept with his stuff. The baby section of your local mega mart is a great place to find darkroom supplies.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Being a batchler and having no children. I have to wonder what you would do with a syringe and a baby?
    Scott Stadler

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fingel
    Being a batchler and having no children. I have to wonder what you would do with a syringe and a baby?
    Force feed.....um I mean lovingly administer medicine into unwilling mouths
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nifty device. I'l admit that I'm still using the syringes I got back in the '60s, when Rodinal came with rubber stoppers, and you were expected to extract it that way.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very timely suggestion.

I've been up all night with a lousy cough so I'm heading down to Eckerd's this morning for an assortment of medications. I'll have to check out this device.

I just recently bought my first bottle of Rodinal in years. I haven't used it yet. I was astonished to discover it's now in a plastic bottle. And you're telling me it no longer has the rubber stopper!? What's become of tradition? :rolleyes:

I dug around my darkroom supplies and found a couple of old veterinary syringes I used 30 years ago with Rodinal. This looks like a better method than those.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    People still use Rodinal?

- just kidding -

joe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The least costly but effective are syringes from a vetenary supply house.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hortense
    The least costly but effective are syringes from a vetenary supply house.
    This only cost Two and a Half bucks and I have a local drug store but not a local veteranary supply house Unfortunately 10ml seems to be the only size.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found cheap syringes at my local Tractor Supply Company (TSC) in the animal care section. Sizes 3ml to 35ml. A couple of dollars for a 6 pack of the smaller sizes. They also have some needles if you have an old bottle of Rodinal or Neofin Blau, or need to reach further down into a bottle. Wish that would work with undiluted TEA stocks. Gluuuug.... Gluuuug....

Lee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin