Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,506   Posts: 1,543,504   Online: 1025

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 35mm Enlarger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Howell
    I have seen several Leitz Valoy (not the autofocus) at Classic Camera here in Phoenix for under a $100. I think they sell on line as well. If I can recall web site is Ritzcam.com.
    Paul, I just checked out the website and they have one that looks in great condition for $99, but it doesn't appear to have a neg carrier with it. I currently have my eye on a complete Valoy and a couple of complete Durst 601's on ebay at the moment. Time for some web searching to see if I can come up with a neg carrier for the Valoy.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Be sure you can locate a negative carrier for the Valoy before buying one. They could be hard to find. Also, see if the enlarger comes with an Anti-Newton ring glass disc for the condenser. You can get by without one but it simplifies things if you have one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeremy,

I'll have a Bessler Cadet II in my car that's yours for free if you want it. The bulb works, it's got a 50mm lens, 35mm carrier and just needs to have the head assembly screwed on the column and it needs to be cleaned off. It's the enlarger from Dianna and my first darkroom. On our first anniversary, we made the guest bath of our new house a darkroom as our present to each other. This enlarger worked just great on the counter of a one-sink lav. I'm pretty sure it'll do 8x10 from 35mm.

I'll probably be giving you a shout about it before you read this -- toward the end of your lunch break.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kevin has passed on his 35mm Beseler to me so that I can get my feet wet, but Classic Camera responded quickly to my email and they have a Leitz Valoy with Leitz 50mm lens and negative carrier for $129.99 shipped to my door--not sure what the going rate is for these enlargers, is this a good deal? I have another email into them asking about the anti-newton glass on the condensor.

In other news I also have 200 8x10 sheets of Forte VC FB coming to me
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin