Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,539   Online: 1078

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 35mm Enlarger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

35mm Enlarger

I picked up a little Minox 35GT for ~$20 almost 3 weeks ago and have been running Tri-X through it like nobody's business. These grainy/contrasty negs just beg to be printed on some glossy paper, but the Omega D5XL is in storage because there's no room to use it in. What I am looking for is a 35mm (and 2 1/4 would be nice, too, but not at all a requirement) enlarger that's easily picked up and moved into the bathroom to print with. Any suggestions? This is a small budget item (and most of the budget is going towards paper), but I don't think that will be a problem with today's darkroom market. The biggest requirement is something that easily stays in alignment. I have heard good things about the Durst and Meopta line of enlargers in this regards.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    My friend gets good results with a Durst F60. I think they are under $50 on ebay. Very compact and light. She has gotten good 11x14 prints from 35mm.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Another good choice would be an old Leitz Valoy. With a good lens and skill, these can produce stunning prints. The quality of light coming through the single condenser system is beautiful. They do not go out of alignment either.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got some excellent results with an Omega B-600 (until I replaced it with a Beseler 23C !!!). It was extremely light and easy to move around. It was really easy to align and stayed there. They are all over the place and dirt cheap.

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Bogen 22B for my rolling cart d-room now.
    An Omega B22 or b600 would do as well.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I second a Leitz Valoy. Also an Omega B22. Be sure to budget for a good lens. The El-Nikkor 50/2.8 is excellent for the price and should be readily available used.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am quite pleased with my Omega C700. This is a newer version to the B600. It is fairly easy to move around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have seen several Leitz Valoy (not the autofocus) at Classic Camera here in Phoenix for under a $100. I think they sell on line as well. If I can recall web site is Ritzcam.com.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Before I got my Omega 4x5 enlarger, I used a Durst M600 (35mm and 120/220) for several years. They're well built, and convenient to take down and setup. The M600 negative carrier has built-in masking blades - a nice feature for a small enlarger. I've seen then available at auction fairly frequently.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I heartily add my vote for the Leitz Valoy or Valoy II. Alignment will not be an issue. Make sure you get one with a negative carrier and a clean condenser. I have a Valoy II which with an El Nikkor 63mm f/2.8 is a great enlarger for 35mm.
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin