Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,694   Posts: 1,482,483   Online: 977

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast
    lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

RHDesigns fstop timers

All,

I am in the fact finding mode for a Stop Clock Pro. I am interested in any and all words and reviews of said timer. If you use one or have used one I would be interested in your impressions. The guys at RH Designs can chime in too. How has this timer improved your printing? Was this a positive experience? thanks for your time.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Lee,

Have you already downloaded the manual from the RHDesigns website?

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love mine. I'm one of those 'time limited' printers, so I can get a basic exposure estimate, run one test strip (2 if I can't decide on the contrast I want) and then proof print. I know more experienced printers could do this w/o the timer, but that's not me, yet. Excellently designed product and cust. service.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have one of the early versions that provides 1/4 stop steps and would not be without it.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz
    Hi Lee,

Have you already downloaded the manual from the RHDesigns website?

Hans
    Hi Hans,

I have not downloaded the manual but I have read almost everythng on the site.

I am looking for testimonials from satisfied or not so satisfied customers. I can see the benifit of the timer but I just want to hear from real people that have used them.

lee\c

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Excuse me if I do not have experience with the Pro, just with the Stopclock Lite. The second most importand equipment in my darkroom after the enlarger (an air conditioner being the third). It is very well constructed. The buttons have a good feel to them, easy and soft to press yet they lower with a nice click. It does everything it is supposed to do perfectly. My only gripe is that I use a Kaiser enlarger and you need to press the print button everytime you turn the timer on to enable the half second delay function for the said enlarger. It could have been better with a switch.
    I am thinking of selling it though, only because I will be getting an Analyser Pro!

It now really surprises me that there are printers which do not have an RH timer!
    How can they do without one?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    One of the members of our Large Format Users Group here in Calgary has one. His also has an analyzer built in too. He swears by it. We were over at his place for the last meeting and saw it in action. Seems like a good box. If I could afford one I would buy it. Another member of our group has just the f-stop timer. He too is thrilled with it.

I don't think you can go wrong with the RH Designs products.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If you're after a simple f/stop timer, you can always purchase a kit from this guy.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a StopClock Pro, and it's the very best piece of darkroom kit (possibly photographic kit) that I've ever bought, and no, I'm not on commission!

I bought it just before I needed to handprint 10 calenders (with a print for each month, plus spares) for family and friends. If it hadn't been for this timer I'd be there yet! The company give you a ten-day money-back guarantee; before that time was up I'd rather have parted with my tonsils! Now, the words "cold dead hands" spring to mind...

A read of the manual will give you an idea of the functionality, but not the ease of use. I believe our own Les McLean had a degree of input into the design; if so, it shows.

Superb kit. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It took me a while to get used to using it; the F-stop stuff was obviously useful and I really liked the test strip, but the process of choosing paper grade etc. took me some getting used to--not due to any failing in the timer or its user interface mind! I'm not letting mine go.

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin