Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,547   Posts: 1,646,256   Online: 987

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Zone VI washer basket

I bought this Zone VI washer basket thing with some other gear and I'm trying to figure out what it does. Sheet film, maybe?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	98030
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are there ten compartments? I believe it is a 4x5 sheet film washing insert for a Zone VI print washer.

Here's one I found on the auction site.

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use mine for 4x4, 5x7 and 4x10 film as well as small prints. Of course, it needs to be in another washer. The Zone Vi print washers had a set of short dividers to support this "basket" in the middle of the washer. I use mine in the Zone VI "washing machine."
    Keith Pitman
    Photographer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post
    I use mine for 4x4, 5x7 and 4x10 film as well as small prints. Of course, it needs to be in another washer. The Zone Vi print washers had a set of short dividers to support this "basket" in the middle of the washer. I use mine in the Zone VI "washing machine."
    Same as Keith - I use the washer to hold prints and do a mild wash prior to HCA. When processing film, I put sheets of 4x5 in the basket and put the basket int he Zone VI print washer for my wash.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Zone Vl washer basket

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post
    I have a questions about the "short dividers". I use them in my Zone Vl washer to wash 120 and 35mm film while still on the reels. I just put them close enough together so that the reels will not fall through and then run a gentle flow of water through the washer. No problems so far. Should I have any?..........Regards

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin