Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,533   Posts: 1,543,993   Online: 1003

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Curious

Images
    Wow. I didn't realize that so many people were using analyzers for B&W. I never found them a particular advantage even for color work. I'd like to hear about the methods and experiences of those doing this.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dancqu
    In the beginning there were graded papers and darkrooms
    were light, bright. Like mine! <snip>
    ... then lo, there was set upon the face of the Earth, sodium vapour lamps and LEDs and there was light...

again...

Bob.

P.S, no, I don't use mine as I use a Duka 50 sodium lamp which you can't switch on & off.

Images
    Good Evening, Neal,

I use mine all the time.

Konical

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I don't use anything like that. I don't know if my time even has that! I guess I'll have to look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since my "safelight" is just a 25 watt red party bulb that's never fogged a bit of paper (graded or VC), I just leave it on all of the time. I figure it'll last longer that way. I positioned the enlarger so that the shadow from the column falls on the paper so that it's a little darker there for focusing, but I've handled all of my paper under the light and not had a problem yet.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    35mm

Help!

Do you know where I can get an audible timer? My most used four letter word is "WHAT"? I want to find out what has been annoying Jeanette.

Images
    Tonight I plugged my safelight into the timer. I turned on the enlarger to adjust the bands of my easel and, Hey! I can't see anything! I plugged the light back into the wall.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    Tonight I plugged my safelight into the timer. I turned on the
    enlarger to adjust the bands of my easel and, Hey! I can't see
    anything! I plugged the light back into the wall.
    Then turned the enlarger off? With the safelights on and
    the enlarger off you then adjusted the blades? I can see
    occasion for that.

I've an EM-10 enlarging exposure meter; around $25 to $30
    new. It is affected by my safelighting which is a somewhat
    bright yellow-orange. I dropped VC about four years ago
    in favor of a more well lighted working environment. Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never use it. I use panchromatic paper a lot to make B&W prints from col negs and then I don't use a safelight at all. Otherwise, I leave it on all the time for normal B&W paper. I used to use it when I had an enlarger light meter, but I found that too hit and miss and went back to test strips.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've started using my Beseler 23CIII to make contact prints which will later get enlarged on the LPL. Being too lazy to replug the 23C onto the LPL timer (it stays plugged into a Graylab analog timer) I lost the use of the safelight switch....and hated it!! I love that total darkness when the enlarger light is on. So, I'm going to get a second safelight for the 23CIII which will switch off when I make contact prints.

I brought my metronome down into the darkroom, covered its' flashing light with a plastic water cup, and use 60 bpm for manipulations I need to time while my hands are busy. It's fun nuancing dodges and burns by setting the 'nome to 56 or 48 or ? bpm when whole seconds aren't cutting it. I regard some manipulations, therefore, as adagio, possibly largo or maybe andante with an occasional lento or moderato thrown in which will doubtless confound anyone reading my printing log someday when I'm long gone.
    John Voss

My Blog

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin