Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,931   Posts: 1,585,452   Online: 1076

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Heads up! 4x5 Durst Pictochrom on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I have one of these beasts and it is an absolute joy to use. A total ferrari of enlargers. It's rock solid and I've never made such high quality prints before. If you're in the market for a 4x5 or medium format you would not be disappointed with this system. Currently I just use it for B&W VC papers in a manual fashion. The control box is very easy to use, basically punch in time and filtration. There is a lot of advanced programming you can do on it but I have not gotten into that yet. The timing is extremely precise, and controlled within the bellows via an internal shutter. If you need to know anything about these let me know. If it wasn't so heavy I'd buy it and have it shipped over as a spare! I love this enlarger..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That thing is a robot. Personally I like my enlarger to be petite and a little dingy. this one seems a little on the bossy side.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I love my Omega D2V. Simple, sturdy, adjustable, and a joy to use. I must admit that I have have never used any other enlarger though.
    Success comes in cans.............. Failure comes in cant's

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Blimey... and I thought my AC1200 was overkill...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One of the things I like about it is that I aligned the focus to tack sharp months ago, and it has not strayed at all. My previous enlargers were always a complete nightmare to align and keep aligned for more than a week or two. I also like the motorized fine focus, I can make extremely minute focus adjustments via the keypad right next to the easel. Exposure is also very accurate, the head heats up, then the shutter within the bellows controls the exposure for great consistency. Sure all of this is overkill but it was the only decent 4x5 enlarger I could find in NZ and it was dirt cheap

oh mine doesn't have that fancy scanner apparatus, that thing doesn't look cheap..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Dat shore is purdy...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin