Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,433   Online: 836

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tleirtro
    Isn't the Analyser Pro just the Stopclock and the Zonemaster combined into one unit?

Thor Egil
    No - it's a combination of the (now discontinued) StopClock LE and the ZoneMaster, so the timer functions are less advanced than the StopClock Professional. With the Analyser, you don't get the 1/24th stop finest resolution, the second channel, the programmable exposure sequences and the dry-down compensation. More minor missing features include the alternative test strip and safelight modes, the audible beep, and switchable lamp saver.

For people who are interested in getting high quality prints with a minimum of effort and material wastage we recommend the Analyser Pro. Those who like to wring the last drop out of the negative by making several exposures, perhaps at different grades, on the same print will prefer the StopClock Professional, with a ZoneMaster to establish the starting point exposure. Fine Art printers typically fall into this category.

As this is a FAQ, you'll find answers on our web site at www.rhdesigns.co.uk/darkroom/html/faq1.html

I'm not a regular checker of the APUG forums but am always pleased to answer any questions here - just drop me an e-mail at richard@rhdesigns.co.uk (as Thor has done) and tell me there's a question waiting :-)

Regards
    Richard Ross
    RH Designs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeff -

A dichroic head does indeed give you an infinite number of contrast "grades" but the Analyser will get you to within a half grade - after that you can fine tune the result if you wish. We have some calibration information on colour heads in the Tech Support section of www.rhdesigns.co.uk/darkroom

Regards
    Richard Ross
    RH Designs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Richard,

Thanks for the reply, although it complicates matters a lot when I'm trying to decide what to buy. :-]

Thor Egil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rfgr
    More minor missing features include the alternative test strip and safelight modes, the audible beep, and switchable lamp saver.
    Better check this, Richard, my Analyser Pro has all of these features.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Better check this, Richard, my Analyser Pro has all of these features.
    Apologies - that's what comes of hitting "quick reply"! Yes, you're right - the features are missing from the StopClock LE but not the Analyser. Thanks for pointing it out.

Regards
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rfgr
    Apologies - that's what comes of hitting "quick reply"! Yes, you're right - the features are missing from the StopClock LE but not the Analyser. Thanks for pointing it out.

Regards
    Richard
    Dang! I was hoping I had an ultra rare model that I could sell on eBay for millions and retire, oh, well
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin