Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,418   Posts: 1,596,689   Online: 966

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

What is missing?

Hi,
    I wanted to start printing from my 6x6 negatives and, for such occasion, I bought a simple Rodenstock-Trinar 75mm.
    On e[...], the item's description says "standard mount".
    Isn't the standard mount 39x1?
    When I bought my Meopta Opemus 6, I found that the 50mm lens of my older Durst F30 would fit on the new enlarger but this lens it's smaller. See photos attached.
    What else should I buy? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421058138.964340.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	101215Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421058170.761647.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	101216

Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think it needs one of these:

http://store.khbphotografix.com/25mm...d-Adapter.html

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Note that some enlarging lenses use an M23.5 thread. I suggest you confirm the size before purchasing an adapter (I don't know about the Trinar specifically; it may be that Steve has better info). If it is M23.5 then you may be able to find a suitable 23.5mm lens board for your Opemus 6 since some of the Meopta enlarging lenses have an M23.5 thread. I have a 23.5mm lens board for my Opemus 5, like this one.
    Last edited by andrew.roos; 01-12-2015 at 07:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" (Ansel Adams)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You might consider buying a better enlarging lens in the standard 39x1mm thread rather than adapting the lower quality Trinar.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Especially since the adaptor may cost more than a better lens on eBay.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys, I'm going to ship back this lens to the seller :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format

wrong adapter

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I think it needs one of these:

http://store.khbphotografix.com/25mm...d-Adapter.html

Steve.
    This adapter won't work, the correct adapter needs to be the other way around, ei: 39mm lens to 25mm lensboard on the enlarger. The Trinar is just "ok" for small prints (5x7-8x10) and may still give you soft corners. You are doing the right thing, return the Trinar and get a better grade lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My understanding from the original post was that the enlarger had the 39mm thread and the lens had a smaller thread.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also thought the same as you when I first read the post but then I looked at the photos of the Trinar lens, the rear mount of the lens looks to be too big for 25mm plus it looks exactly like the dozens and dozens of enlarger lenses that I sold during the 70'-80's. I then re-read the post and I now preceive that he meant that the enlarger opening is too small. Zehner21, can you measure the opening in your enlarger to give a better understanding of what diameter size lens you need, you may need a 25mm size mount lens or even some other size besides 39mm. Most hobby enlargers made in the last 30 years had the mount size as 39mm but some had no standard size at all. Some hobby enlargers used lens mounting plates while others were just odd sized openings. (odd sized by USA standards, the size may be perfectly normal in whatever country the enlarger was made/sold) A few photos of the enlarger opening would also help. It is entirely possible that I'm way off base with my assumptions, OP please correct me if I'm wrong. RandyB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, a 75mm is not suitable for full frame 6X6. You need 80mm to get the corners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin