Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,628   Posts: 1,647,960   Online: 984

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Nicole

Your are on the right track with XTOL take it undiluted at 20░ Celcius for about 11 minutes as a starting point.
    And do a test then with the 400 ASA one in XTOL and one in Rodinal and then take a loup or make some enlargementsyou as a woman will see the winner!

P.S. For the 400 ASA Agfapan is a good starting point 8 minutes at 20░ Celcius!
    Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi

I forgot to say this 11 minutes are for the underexposed Agfapan 100. In your case I would the development time expand to 12 minutes only if it was a contrasty scene and then in the beginning all 1 minute shake and after 8 minutes only all 2 minutes shake. So you get the contast a bit down. If it was just a normal contrast scene then just 11 minutes with all 30 second shake!
    Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    JohnArs,
    I presume the reason for different agitation intervals is to help control contrast while using a longer dev time to help with shadow detail.

Personally, I _always_ stick to a consistent agitation method throughout the development. I've seen references to something in The Negative (which I have not read all the way through yet) about using a different pattern at some point during development, but I have not found a real benefit to doing so in my tests.

Therefore, I always agitate 2x every 30 seconds, except when doing TXT @ 1600 in Microphen, when I agitate only once every 3 _minutes_.

allan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Allan

You are right works quiet well with Xtol the shadows show more details and the lights are also better printable! Its not a huge difference but sometimes exactly what is needed to get easy printable negs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin