Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,690   Online: 777

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    This indicates that it is in diffuser mode and not condensor. I believe to use it with the condensors, you need the conical integrator attachment but perhaps someone can add details on that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by craigclu
    This indicates that it is in diffuser mode and not condensor. I believe to use it with the condensors, you need the conical integrator attachment but perhaps someone can add details on that.
    Ahh.. well they did ship it to me with the conical integrator packed in its box. Honestly, since it doesn't come with a manual and the enlarger/head didn't either, I have no clue what it does or how it works. hah!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Natron,
    Part of your questions might be answered here: Pure Silver There are some instruction manuals in .pdf format. Maybe the instructions for the 45 series colourhead will answer some of your questions.

Hope this helps,
    Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power
    Natron,
    Part of your questions might be answered here: Pure Silver There are some instruction manuals in .pdf format. Maybe the instructions for the 45 series colourhead will answer some of your questions.
    I actually used the 23C instructions there to get some idea how to assemble it a couple days ago but never thought of looking at the 45-series Dichro head manual. It did answer some questions. Thanks!

It appears I could use that extra condenser I have to switch it from Diff. mode to Cond. mode if I want to.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not sure if it was made clear that you need two condensors to operate in the condensor mode. Installation of the conic integrator will be sensed by circuitry to turn on the condensor light. Otherwise you probably have a mixing chamber installed in the dichroic head which is being sensed and thus the diff light is illuminated. You should be able to activate the white light by moving the silver lever on the right of the square dichroic head. The purpose of that feature is to allow you to set dichroic filters for printing in the diff or cond mode and then to bypass them for more light during focusing. An interlock prevents turning on the enlarger light if you left the lever in the white light mode. This protects you against inadvertent overexposure. If this happens simply return the lever to its diff or cond position (I'm not near my enlarger so I can't recall the exact position, but I believe it is forward) and turn on the enlarger again. I think it is a useful feature. You may also use this enlarger with filters that slide into the drawer just above the bellows. If you go this route the filters purchased from Kodak or Ilford will have to be trimmed to fit.

I did some tests with a color analyzer and was able to compile a table of equivalent settings for the 23C and Ilford filters. I've been using them for about a year and they seem to be pretty reasonable. I could send them to you if you are interested.

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer7
    I'm not sure if it was made clear that you need two condensors to operate in the condensor mode. Installation of the conic integrator will be sensed by circuitry to turn on the condensor light. Otherwise you probably have a mixing chamber installed in the dichroic head which is being sensed and thus the diff light is illuminated. You should be able to activate the white light by moving the silver lever on the right of the square dichroic head. The purpose of that feature is to allow you to set dichroic filters for printing in the diff or cond mode and then to bypass them for more light during focusing. An interlock prevents turning on the enlarger light if you left the lever in the white light mode. This protects you against inadvertent overexposure. If this happens simply return the lever to its diff or cond position (I'm not near my enlarger so I can't recall the exact position, but I believe it is forward) and turn on the enlarger again. I think it is a useful feature. You may also use this enlarger with filters that slide into the drawer just above the bellows. If you go this route the filters purchased from Kodak or Ilford will have to be trimmed to fit.

I did some tests with a color analyzer and was able to compile a table of equivalent settings for the 23C and Ilford filters. I've been using them for about a year and they seem to be pretty reasonable. I could send them to you if you are interested.

Dave
    Thanks for all the info. I'm still not sure how to use my extra condenser or set the enlarger to work in condenser mode but I'll figure that out eventually, I guess. haha. The "White light" light will not come on no matter what I do so it may just be burned out on my enlarger.

If you could send me the table of filter settings, I would greatly appreciate it! I was skimming Ilford's online paper PDF manuals and was trying to figure out how to set the equivalant filter settings on my head.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin