Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,264   Posts: 1,680,767   Online: 756

Shooter
    Multi Format

Difference between Komuranon-S and Komuranon-E?

Does anybody know? The literature on cameraeccentric doesn't mention Komura's enlarging lenses.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The following article might be useful:

http://photocornucopia.com/1059.html

Note the typographic error in the brochure, “Lens Construction: 4-elements, 6-groups”

Obviously, this should read “Lens construction: 6-elements, 4-groups”

This is correctly stated in the table further down in the brochure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The "S" lenses are six element in 4 groups. The E are not as well designed and cost less.
    Brochure is wrong, they mixed up elements and groups. The box in which the lens is shipped correctly identifies the lens as 6 elements and 4 groups.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Komuranon-S_brochure.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	105287
    Same as what Ian just posted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I started to write an article about the Komuranon-E lenses late last year but didn't have enough info to publish the page. Yesterday I published it inadvertently when I updated various other pages so I've left the page up (and uploaded the attached images and properly added it to the index page too).

Komuranon-E Enlarging Lenses

It doesn't add much to the question about these lenses and is a work in progress. I will add to it as I get credible info. But my suspicion is that the E and S lines are identical bar possible coating differences, but presently this is only conjecture on my part so not worth a pinch of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    The "S" lenses are six element in 4 groups. The E are not as well designed and cost less.
    I've seen (and have the image but can't post it because it's not mine) the box for a Komuranon-E 5.6/75 which states it is 6E-4G, ie same as Komuranon-S 5.6/75. The E and S lenses that I have appear to be of the exact same build (I haven't compared coatings) although I don't have E-S pairs to compare directly (I have a pair of S75, a pair of E50, a pair of E105 and they all look and feel the same).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jjphoto View Post
    I've seen (and have the image but can't post it because it's not mine) the box for a Komuranon-E 5.6/75 which states it is 6E-4G, ie same as Komuranon-S 5.6/75. The E and S lenses that I have appear to be of the exact same build (I haven't compared coatings) although I don't have E-S pairs to compare directly (I have a pair of S75, a pair of E50, a pair of E105 and they all look and feel the same).
    Yes I think you are correct and I was wrong. I did find this picture with the "E" box showing "6 elements". I only have an "S" but no "E" to compare side by side.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Name:	Komuranon E Enlarging1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	105395This is from a Beseler marketing data sheet I have.

Name:	Komuranon E Enlarging2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	105394

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin