Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,624   Online: 725

Shooter
    35mm

Starting a Darkroom

I am going to be working with a small South Carolina public elementary school this summer, and they are trying to get a darkroom started. It will be used to start a program teaching kids photography and photojournalism (This summer they'll be documenting their community). I am looking for donations of darkroom equipment to help them get started as cheaply as possible, so there will be more money for film and paper (The school will be buying supplies since the kids can't afford it). Shipping will be reimbursed and you will get a tax write-off for the value of the equipment you donate. Any suggestions about getting started would also be really appreciated. Thanks...
    isaac

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iwingfield
    I am going to be working with a small South Carolina public elementary school this summer, and they are trying to get a darkroom started. It will be used to start a program teaching kids photography and photojournalism (This summer they'll be documenting their community). I am looking for donations of darkroom equipment to help them get started as cheaply as possible, so there will be more money for film and paper (The school will be buying supplies since the kids can't afford it). Shipping will be reimbursed and you will get a tax write-off for the value of the equipment you donate. Any suggestions about getting started would also be really appreciated. Thanks...
    isaac
    Isaac, I'm rather far away from your location (Boise, Idaho) but I do have some darkroom equipment: 2 safelights, print washer, enlarger timer, Durst CE1000 enlarger, & a LARGE rotating darkroom door (probably prohibitively expensive to ship). Let me know what you're interested in... I can send you some pictures & a detailed list of the items.
    John (Alpha Flying Monkey) Moore
    http://www.flyingmonkeystudio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is rather a long way to send things, from across the Pond in Britain, but just wanted to say that it is very good to see a school still encouraging real photography rather than digital.

David.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin