Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,894   Posts: 1,520,882   Online: 1090

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear TBM,

If you are using fiber based paper, follow the dry down suggestions. If you are using RC paper, your light is too bright.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    After reading Adams's "The Print" I tried his microwave idea and I find it works well. I also incorporate Les's way of working if I find a wet print looks perfect (before putting it in the microwave) I'll reduce the exposure 10% which I feel is about right for the Ilford MG fiber I use. I've also found if I've microwaved a print but not over cooked it it can be re-wet and saved if processed normally.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Large Format
    MOST papers (FB or RC) dry down 10%. I've tested many of them (had an article about it in View Camera magazine). A few dry down slightly less. Your inspection light may be one factor, but exposing your "final" prints for 10% less and then letting them dry down is the best solution. It's critical for delicate whites, like snow and fluffy clouds.

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you all immensely, especially for the link to Les McLean's dry down article. What a superb sharing forum APUG continues to be!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you've got access to an FB print dryer, then simply dry the test strips/prints and make your assessment from these. BLIGHTY.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin