Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,318   Online: 990

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Essential Darkroom Accessory - Source of Great Music!

I have been enjoying this internet "radio station" for some time so I thought it might be of interest to others also. There are a number of "channels" so feel free to explore the site. The one I have been enjoying is

http://www.somafm.com/recent/?indiepop

Hope it brings a smile to some APUGers.

jk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here in Tucson we have a volunteer run station called KXCI. It is a local station with internet streaming. Saturdays are particularly good if you enjoy acoustic, bluegrass, roots, eclectic, swing and blues (in that order). Give it a try and see what you think. I can't stand some of it, but there is always something different if you are willing to wait. Some of the popular "swill" which is out there today is missed on this station, so there might be something of value or interest. The station format is too vast to list. tim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've always had music in the darkroom. Currently I have speakers (and a volume control) from the stereo in another room. I have to be selective in what I play, however. I go for classical or jazz, but in either case fast music seems to make me rush things and make mistakes! Debussy works better than Shostakovich; Modern Jazz Quartet better than Buddy Rich!

Cheers y'all.

David

Images
    One of the nicest additions to my little darkroom area was when I added a pair of nicely separated stereo speakers behind the counter with the sweet spot centered on my developer tray. They are hooked to a 50 disk CD carousel on the other side of the room that I can operate by remote control and to my computer so that I can stream webcasts. My favorite music is at WFUV.org during the weekdays and radioparadise.com all the time.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Usually I have my laptop downstairs in there with me, and i have a massive playlist that I listen to while printing and such.
    --Ryan

"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." ~Ansel Adams

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My current favorite is "PipeDreams.org". I love good organ music and old pipe organs fascinate me. And I also loved Fiona Ritchie's "Thistle & Shamrock" program but our local public station stopped carrying it and I'm challenged enough that if I can't tape it on my darkroom radio for listening later, I'm lost. I need to learn how to convert streaming audio to some media that can follow me into the dark room. The computer and the darkroom are very much in different places.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Images
    Jim, I ran across this a little while ago. I don't know more about it than is on the site but it looks interesting. It would be nice in the darkroom.

http://www.rokulabs.com/products/soundbridge/
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hmmm. Well, considering my darkroom is my kitchen, I have the television on with some Japanese animation DVD playing while I develop my negs/make my prints (the UV box is in the living room).
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use my new iPod conected to external speakers and subwoofer. I can play 5,000 of my most favorites songs.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cambrow
    I use my new iPod conected to external speakers and subwoofer. I can play 5,000 of my most favorites songs.
    How can you limit yourself to only your 5,000 most favorite?
    =Neal W.=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin