Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,222   Posts: 1,659,607   Online: 765

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Best Jobo equipment for 16x20 prints?

I'm currently able to print up to about 11x14" prints at home, but can't go any larger than that due to space restrictions. So I'm toying with the idea of buying something like a Jobo CPP2 to print up to (probably) 16x20". If I was to do that, what hardware should I look for? For example, can I make do with a CPE2, or do I actually need a CPP2 plus lift? And which drums make sense for my goals?

Thanks.

I don't think a CPE2 is physically big enough to hold a 16+" inch tube. I use a cibachrome tube and use the roller base from my CPE2 to roll the tube in a long tray with heated water (if doing color).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    If you have room for a CPP2 then you have room for three tiered 16x20 trays... The jobo is ok for RC paper, not really suitable for Fibre, but even then one print at a time is pretty slow and time consuming... Another option is to consider a Nova Slot processor - very practical in small spaces. Again, if you can fit a CPP2 you can fit a 16x20 slot processor and a washer in the same space.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Either CPA or CPP with work. Stacked 2xxx tanks will hold 20" paper, while the 3063 tank will do 20x24".

With either machine, you should consider which motor is fitted. The later ones had better ones. Plenty written about this out there!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespierce View Post
    If you have room for a CPP2 then you have room for three tiered 16x20 trays...
    Not really; if I'm using large trays then I'm working in safelight conditions, but if I'm using a Jobo then it could be anywhere.

Your suggestion of a Nova Slot Processor is an interesting one, I'll look into that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you're just doing B+W, then there's no need for a processor, just grab the tanks. I regularly do paper (pinhole negs) in a drum, roll it around on the rollers for a few minutes, and only break out the CPE for doing E6 and C41.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Why don't you try single tray processing? I only do a 16x20 inch print occasionally and did the last ones prints this way. It works well and reduces the risk of damaging the print while still wet. Read up on it in this APUG thread.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Some good suggestions in this thread, thanks! Especially Dr Croubie's of just using a tank without a processor. And I'll read up on single-tray processing as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cluttered View Post
    I'm currently able to print up to about 11x14" prints at home, but can't go any larger than that due to space restrictions. So I'm toying with the idea of buying something like a Jobo CPP2 to print up to (probably) 16x20". If I was to do that, what hardware should I look for? For example, can I make do with a CPE2, or do I actually need a CPP2 plus lift? And which drums make sense for my goals?

Thanks.
    Did not work for me;Iended up with stacked trays.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My darkroom handles (handled - since it is in the process of being moved) up to 11 x 14 comfortably, and I could do 16x20 with stacked trays. I process in a CPP2, so it was relatively easy to get a 3063 tube to handle 16 x 20 and 20 x 24.

It works, but I am not thrilled with the experience. I was using the tube to do the develop, stop, fix process, then I would take the print and move it to a try for washing. The biggest issue that I had was when I didn't wash out the tube well enough before the next print, resulting in fix hitting the paper before developer - which is bad .

I hope in the next darkroom to have sufficient room to use big trays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin