Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,395   Online: 1128

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Go to places and talk to people. Photo shops, labs, colleges, clubs, printing businesses, gallaries, museums...the more leg work you do, the more success you'll have. Tell them what you're looking for and ask if they have any suggestions. If it's good, take some of your work along. Don't forget to leave your name and number. I've gotten lots of good stuff that way. Have a good idea of what you'd be willing to pay before you go, as you'll get lots of "make me an offer" type of things.

Peter
    www.desmidt.net

Shooter
    Large Format
    governments (city,state,county,federal) often have surplus equipment listed on the web that they are either selling or auctioning. another good source is universities. the federal labs also have surplus gear. i used to work at one (thank god i'm out) and their whole photo division was going digital and they were getting rid of all wet chemistry gear. unfortunately for me, they ended up donating most of it to local schools (which i'm surprised would be interested in it considering kids interest in digital stuff)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You just missed the Spring used photographica show in Watertown, Mass. sponsored by the Photographic Historical Society of New England-I saw a usable Beseler 23C sell for $5. I picked up my Beseler 45MX there for $200, but that was a few years back. The next show is in the Fall-check out www.phsne.org for dates. They also have an auction in February where I have been picking up darkroom equipment at rock bottom prices.

Also, try Hunts in Melrose -they always have some stuff hanging around

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    eBay! I have purchased cameras, enlargers, and lenses on eBay. If you miss one auction or get outbid- another identical or similar item will turn up shortly. Recently purchased a barely used, pristine Zone Vl Beseler 45 MXT.
    There is a lot of "old" analog photo equipment available at very reasonable prices.
    Last edited by Changeling1; 04-20-2005 at 11:23 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add to reply-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin