Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,338   Online: 884

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    See what you did?? You got all the old guys ranting now.........

I went through the same thing. My metal reels got a little warped and started failing on me... Instead of buying Hewes reels, someone through a set of two plastic tanks. I'm not sold on plastic but they have been working great so far.... Easy to load too. And I can use the same stuff for 120 or 135...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    The aprons were AWESOME, easy to load and to process.
    I never had a kodak tank to go with them, but I had a small tin can, later a plastic can I painted black, where the 35mm aprons fit perfectly.
    Then I envy you. You must've had a magic touch. I could never get the film to track down the middle. Finally had to switch the SS. AH yes, memories of the 1959-60's middle school.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by garryl
    AH yes, memories of the 1959-60's middle school.
    I was born in 1985 my memories of high school is 1999-2003
    --Ryan

"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." ~Ansel Adams

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by panchromatic
    I was born in 1985 my memories of high school is 1999-2003
    Young whipper snapper!!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Young whipper snapper!!
    Paterson all the way, baby!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Young whipper snapper!!
    haha yep.

Its funny i'm in a local arts group in my area... there is a large amount of photographers (say 70% of the group) i'm the ONLY ONE who uses film. Though the majority of them at one point did but have since gone digital.
    --Ryan

"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." ~Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You guys are such wimps. In the old days, we had to make our own tanks and reels out of stone, using stone tools and wooly elk antlers!
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    You guys are such wimps. In the old days, we had to make our own tanks and reels out of stone, using stone tools and wooly elk antlers!
    You mean that, in your younger days, when you developered film that you were stoned?:rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You mean that, in your younger days, when you developered film that you were stoned?:rolleyes:
    Stoned? Me? Although I must admit that memory of some parts of the '60s seems a little hazy.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    You forgot to mention that your negs were coated on a dino-hide base that was prone to serious curling as it dried.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin