Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,673   Online: 1201

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John, when I'm wiring to a panel I just make sure I have a good strong flashlight shining into the panel, shut off the main breaker (the 100 or 200 Amp one at the top of the panel) and then install my breakers and wiring. This way you can see what you are doing and be comfortable knowing that there is nothing "live" around your fingers. Don't rush things and have a good look at everything when you're done - before you turn the power back on. Dr. Bob is right when he says to check with your local regulations as it will cover what you need to have for safety. They sometimes will give you pointers as well if they know your trying to DIY and do it the right way.
    Brian McDowell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I finished the wiring. The 110 and 220 circuits all tested well. I will plumb the film and paper processors today and see if I am in bizniz.

Thank you to all who posted. It went exactly as described.
    I did follow state reg's, had a hand from a pro on the 110 circuit and did 220 all by myself. Helen was standing near by with a 10ft section of PVC (her idea) incase something went awry.

Sorry jim, my will has reverted to its prior state -- the cat gets the photo equipment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin