Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,761   Online: 951

Shooter
    Multi Format

Minolta Enlarging Lens, Need Info

[font=Times New Roman][size=2]Hi y'all,
    My old 75mm EL Nikkor lens decided to grow fungus, so I need to replace it. I have a chance to buy a lens that was made by Minolta, at what seems to be a reasonable price. The lens is a 80mm ƒ 5.6 Minolta C.E. Rokkor. Does anybody out there know anything about Minolta enlarging lenses?

Thank you,

Mike Sullivan[/size][/font]
    Last edited by Zathras; 04-21-2005 at 01:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have never owned one, and they are uncommon, but they have excellent reputations.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Go for it! Minolta enlarging lenses are one of the best values out there - every bit as good as Nikon and they can be had for half the price. I use a 50mm Minolta enlarging lens and have nothing but good things to say about it - high quality construction, sharp all the way to the corners, and I got it in it's original case and box for $25 U.S.

Joe
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2]Hi y'all,
    My old 75mm EL Nikkor lens decided to grow fungus, so I need to replace it. I have a chance to buy a lens that was made by Minolta at what seems to be a reasonable price. The lens is a 80mm ƒ 5.6 Minolta C.E. Rokkor. Does anybody out there know anything about Minolta enlarging lenses?

Thank you,

Mike Sullivan[/SIZE][/FONT]
    I bought one on eBay several months ago and I love it. I think it is as good as anything I have used. It is a 6 element lens, which means it should be better than the 75mm Nikkor and about the same quality as the 80mm Nikkor. It isn't the fastest, but should cost a whole bunch less than an f4 80mm from Schneider or Rodenstock. I think I paid about $40 for mine, maybe more like $30.

Paul

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Here's an ancient Chinese secret: Minolta glass is actually preferred by Japanese photographers! Rokkor lenses are great taking and printing lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an 80mm Rokkor enlarging lens, it is a killer lens. I wouldn't trade it for anything -- well maybe a 90mm apo-symmar HM, but it is as sharp and contrasty as anything else out there. If you can find one, buy it.
    Scott Stadler

Shooter
    Multi Format

Thanks For Your Help

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2]Thank you to everybody who replied. Judging by your answers, the Minolta lens seems to be worth buying. I'll give it a try and see. I figure that I can't go wrong for the price I'll be paying. Once again, Thanks

Mike Sullivan[/SIZE][/FONT]
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin