Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,959   Posts: 1,523,052   Online: 1162

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images

Jobo Print tubes

I've read how several of you ULF'ers use Jobo print tubes to develop your film. Do these work the same way that the Jobo drums do? In other words, once the film is inside, you can work in daylight?
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not an ULF. I have enough trouble with 8x10. But an Jobo print drum is basically a Jobo 2500 film tank. The lid insert is different. They lack the centre column. The film tank don't have the ridges on the inside. But outside of those things they are basically the same. Yup daylight safe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are also "custom" size (as 11X14 ) (special order sizes too) Jobo film drums that have a removable sheet insert that has buttons in the corners.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Jobo film tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless
    There are also "custom" size (as 11X14 ) (special order sizes too) Jobo film drums that have a removable sheet insert that has buttons in the corners.
    Clueless,

That is very interesting. Help me on this please. I use a CPP-2 to process 4x5 film (ten sheets in a 3010 Expert drum) and 8x10 film (five sheets in a 3005 Expert drum). On Jobo’s website I can’t find reference to a film tank for larger sheets. It may be there, I just haven’t found it.

There is a 3062 print drum that will take two 11x14 prints and a 3063 print drum that will take two 11x14 or one 20x24. The 2840 “(Is actually a #2820 drum with a #2870 extension module)”.will take one 11x14 print. Are any of these the custom tank you mention? If not what is the number and the description? Will the custom tank process one or two 11x14 film sheets? What do the buttons in the corners that you mention do?

Thanks,

John Powers,
    hoping the Chinn cameras work out so I can move up to 11X14.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.jobo-usa.com/instructions...isc_302728.htm

If they're still sold they won't be cheap-(

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Nick,

Thank you. That will be a hunt when the camera is available.

Is it possible to process 11x14 film in one of the print tanks? My Cpp-2 came from a dealer who had refurbished it. Part of the gear was a combined 2830 tank and 2560 tank. Depth of the combined empty tank is 21 inches. The tank walls have the ribs mentioned in your Jobo link. I would be concerned that movement of the film against the ribs might cause scratches. There is no protective insert such as that mentioned in your link.

Thanks,
    John

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm looking for a way to develop 5x12 film (eventually) and I've struck out looking for a Jobo 3004 tank. That's why I brought up this subject.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Diane Jobo makes [or used to] custom film inserts. You'd have to check with them . Price between the tank and the insert I think ended up over $300.

John the ridges hold the film in place. That's how I'm able to do 2 sheets of 5x7 or 8x10 in a tank. Does your extension have ribs? If it does then it's the 2800 type extension. The join in between the two would worry me but I know that large tank handles four 8x10 sheets of paper just fine. I think I'd lean towards the 2840 print tank. That's the extension and the smallest tank. I think they call the small tank a test strip tank or something. You'd still have a join between the two tanks. I don't know best to let somebody that uses the ULF answer.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Diane,

I’m sorry if I have taken over your thread.
    Here are some possible sources for a 3004:
    (1) I have seen 3004 tanks on eBay. I actually bid and was astounded at how much someone would pay for it used. My need was 8x10 so I found it more practical and not much more expensive to order a 3005 new.
    (2) http://www.jobo-usa.com/products/used.htm#JOBO2
    If you bookmark this link it reads “JOBO’s Really, Really good used-products page”
    I have found they do not update this frequently enough so it might be useful to call and let a person know what you want. The 3005 and 3010 have smooth cylinders so you may not need an insert for the 3004.
    (3) In my searches I have found a 3004 for sale. I will PM you so you are the first to know.

Nick,

Thanks. Both the 2830 tank and 2560 have ribs. The joint between the two is quite smooth. I’m guessing that the ribs will keep the film above the joint level. A better solution would be to have the above mentioned insert. Does anyone have any idea where to buy those?

Is anyone using this method to develop 11x14 or larger film?

Thanks,

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.jobo-usa.com/jq/jq9804.htm

That's an old piece on the inserts. You'll need to check with Jobo if they're still available. BTW you'll need a 3062 tank.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin