Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,750   Online: 1106

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

This eBay print processor listing is interesting

Anybody seen something like this before? Comments? (Hurry, it expires in one day...)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...509096646&rd=1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have heard of using troughs rather than trays to do big prints, as a matter of fact, a friend and I have tried (successfully) - it seems like this man devised exactly what we had to play twister and master juggling to achieve! If you want this size print, and you do it often enough, I'd say go for it!

And the "scrambling motorcycle prints" are worth it alone!

Cracking bit of kit, hehehhehe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It would be interesting if he weren't charging a King's ransom for shipping. He said he expected it would cost 60 GBP to ship to the US.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck94022
    It would be interesting if he weren't charging a King's ransom for shipping. He said he expected it would cost 60 GBP to ship to the US.
    He says he will charge whatever it costs to post plus a fiver for the packaging which seems reasonable to me. However, I suspect his 60 quid estimate will not in fact cover it: the whole thing, including the washer, is made of metal - shipping to the US would probably not be practical due to the weight.

The printing drum looks like a good idea tho - surely someone could knock up a commercial version from plastic? Cheaper is probably a couple of Nova print clips and a few wallpaper soaking trays...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It does seem an interesting idea. This might force me to make a trip to TAP Plastics...

Any idea what sort of rotational speed one would need to maintain? Hooking a motor to it for consistency might be in order...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Looks like Kodak beat me to the punch...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin