Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,531   Online: 1005

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Bruce - According to supplementary information supplied by Fred in one of his Newsletters, the Print timer setting is for print developers and the Negative timer setting is for negative developers (the so called standard ones at the time). Respectively I've use Dektol (and for several years now D-73) and for negatives HC110, D-76, and Phenisol). The Chairman of the Harvard Physics Dept.(who later designed the circuitry) and Fred did a survey finding that all the print developers used in that day had the same curve - and the same was true for negative developers.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thats what I understand. I am told that the curve match for t-grain films is not a good one. Calumet quit making these because one of the components became scarce and the unit would have required a redesign.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I stand corrected. The sparse paperwork supplied with mine only says that the display dims in the "film" mode.

Bruce N.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    blaughn - That right; I forgot! When at one of John Sexton's workshops, he mentioned that T-grained film curve did not match the one programed into the timer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin