Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,586   Online: 990

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    It would be simple to make your own custom timer with a $20 audio cassette recorder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been using talking timers for about 2 years and love them! They cost about $10.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ElrodCod
    It would be simple to make your own custom timer with a $20 audio cassette recorder.
    I haven't done E6 myself in years. But, when I did, I made a tape with all of the timings, warnings, instructions, etc. To fill in the spaces between steps, I picked out music that I was familiar with and could tell when the next step was approaching by the music. It worked great!

Without the need for music, any recorder would do.

Cheers

David

Shooter
    Medium Format

Radio Shack

I once saw a fellow flying his model plane with a talking countdown timer. It was so cool I had to get one for my darkroom. Radio Shack has it adn it's cheap. I love it and couldn't go back to my old stop watch.

Radio Shack Catalog number 63-877 talking timer.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Timer - Shmimer !

Hey you guys, what about a cheap tape recorder with some music, or whatever, and your own voice doing "Voice of the Darkroom" announcements at regular or significant intervals.

Tim R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin